foodwired: now listed on urbandictionary so it must be a real word.
FoodWired.com is a community and resource for people who care about what they eat and who want to work together to improve the quality of food systems across the globe – one community at a time.
It’s a growing collection of inspirational recipes designed to highlight good food and listings of local businesses who are committed to providing good food.
It’s stories of communities coming together to improve peoples’ understanding of and access to good food and stories of individuals managing their health and leading vibrant lives through good food.
FoodWired is a way of thinking. A way of being. It is a movement happening all around you. And you are a part of it.
“I choose to eat really good food and help others do it too.”
To be “foodwired” is to be a conscious eater and consumer of food products and services. Someone who knows the importance of eating really good food and is genuinely interested in knowing more about what they are eating and making better decisions based on it.
Things you might say, ask or do if you’re FoodWired:
- Ask your waiter what’s in the meal you’re about to eat and whether it’s local or organic.
- Tell a friend that blueberries don’t grow in Colorado and suggest locally grown cherries or raspberries instead, depending on the time of year.
- Start a garden.
- Sign a petition or send a letter to your congressman asking him or her to support labeling of genetically modified foods.
- Cook a healthy, delicious dinner for a friend.
- Look for good kale recipes online.
To be “foodwired” is to be a conscious food grower or supplier. Someone who knows the importance of delivering local, healthy and sustainable food and wants people to know what they are doing about it. Someone genuinely interested in figuring out how to deliver good food even better.
Things you might say, ask or do if you’re a FoodWired business:
- Publish nutritional information on your menu, your website or even your receipts.
- Provide a full list of ingredients and tell people how the food was sourced.
- Help people learn more about what good food means.
If you are FoodWired, you are willing to be a measure of success as well as a measure of opportunity, spreading the word where you are strong and learning from others where you are weak.
Food is a journey and we are all learning along the way. The important thing is to start. FoodWired offers a non-judgmental, fully transparent support system that connects us all based on our ultimate goal – more really good food for everyone.
I created FoodWired Colorado as a place to record the amazing encounters with good food that I have had over the past two years and the countless more that are still left to discover. I hope it ignites a passion in you and inspires you further on your own food journey.